April Birchbox!

Hello again!

So as I mentioned in the previous blog I am now going to do the reviews for April Birchbox.

Again, just want to say sorry for taking to long to upload the reviews, I hope that 2 together will make up for it!

However, I do want to add that I am thinking of cancelling my Birchbox subscription and changing to Glossybox as I have heard that it is more makeup based. As much as I like the makeup that Birchbox offers, I'm just not as interested in the skincare products that I get from it. As good as they are, I would just rather receive more makeup products to try. I also wasn't very impressed with this months Birchbox, as pretty as it is, none of the products are ones that I would really use.
Of course for some people it would probably be great, but yeah, for me I'm not sure I'm feeling Birchbox anymore 😔


So yeah anyway, onto the Birchbox.
These are the products I got in my April Birchbox;
1) Manna Kadar Cosmetics HD Perfection Powder
2) Eye Define Crayon Liner
3) Polaar Ice Gentle Face Scrub
4) Baija Paris Creme Moana
5) Seche Vite Dry Fast Top Coat


Product 1) Manna Kadar Cosmetics HD Perfection Powder
This product is okay but not fantastic. It is supposed to make your foundation stay on your face, the only thing is its difficult to actually get it onto the brush. It does swatch well but yeah it doesn't seem to like to going onto the brush. It also doesn't seem to do much. Like when I used it for the day it didn't really do much different to what my usual face powder does (which in case anyone cares is an Asda George one, cheap but good!) I haven't really got much else to say about this product, apart from the fact I would probably more likely use it as eye shadow, and I definitely would not pay full price for it.


Product 2) Eye Define Crayon Liner
Again, I don't really have too much to say about this product. It is quite good, but I don't really like pencil eye liner. When I did use it, it did stay on pretty well, and it also was pretty smooth and easy to apply. A good thing about it is that you can twist it up when it gets blunt so you don't have to constantly worry about sharpening it. It also come out quite dark which is what I like in eyeliners, I don't like the ones that are really light and that you can hardly see. Over all I would recommend this product, but as I said about the previous product, I wouldn't pay the RRP of £11.

Products 3 and 4) Polaar Ice Gentle Face Scrub and Baija Paris Creme Moana
I am doing these products in one paragraph as the reviews are pretty much the same for both of them. As I mentioned in the opening of the blog, I'm not particularly crazy about skin care products and I don't really care for lotions and moisturisers. I also don't tend to use exfoliator on my face, just cleanser and toner and sometimes moisturiser. That being said, the products that I used weren't too bad. The moisturiser did smell really nice and did make my skin feel quite soft, but it wasn't so good that I would consider making a part of my daily routine. The exfoliator was also quite good and it wasn't too harsh on my skin as the grains in it were quite fine. If you suffer from quite dry flaky skin, it might not be the best product as its not a very heavy exfoliant. But yeah, it also did smell quite nice and did leave my face feeling quite nice and refreshed.

Product 5) Seche Vite Dry Fast Top Coat
This is probably the only product in this months Birchbox that I would actually willingly use and pay for. I found to be a really good top coat, and it made the nail varnish look really shiny without affecting the colour. It also dried really quickly, quicker than any top coat I ever used before. I think it was pretty much dry to touch in about 10 minutes. I would definitely recommend this. I really don't have much else to say about this as theres not much that I really can say about clear nail varnish so I will draw this review to a close!



So yeah this is the end of the blog, I'm sorry if it comes across as a rushed one or one I haven't put much thought into, but that's another reason that I'm thinking of changing from Birchbox, as where I'm not really into lotions and stuff I don't really know what to say about them! I am going to have a look up and find another beauty box that does more makeup stuff and then hopefully my blog posts in future will be better!

I hope you have enjoyed reading.
I am thinking about doing another blog post after this about how year has been so far but I'm not sure if that would be interesting enough!
Let me know what you think. 


Thanks for reading!

Gemma x


💋

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review of the new Showcase Cinema De Lux in Southampton

My first Birchbox!

Jamberry nail wrap review