March Birchbox!

Heyyyy everyone!!

I am soooo sorry that it is so late, I have just had so much on that it completely slipped my mind and I just never got round to it!

So because I didn't do the March one I am going to do this post for the March Birchbox and another separate post for the April one.

So here goes;
This is my March Birchbox.
In this one, I got
1) The NEW Benefit Double The Lip in Pink Thrills
2) Balance Me Instant Lift Primer
3) Korres Santorini Vine Shower Gel
4) Amika The Shield Style Extending Spray
5) Marcelle Gentle Make Up Remover


So that is what I got in my March Birchbox.

Now, here come the reviews!!

1) Benefit Double The Lip in Pink Thrills
Okay, so this product I'm not too sure on. When it was on I did actually quite like it and it did last quite a long time, however... It was a bit on the fiddly side to apply.. its really good that it has the lip liner and lip stick all in one and it actually makes it turn into quite a nice colour. But anyway, when you apply it you have to make sure you get the angle exactly right for it to look good, so yeah as I say, its fiddly, but when its on it does look pretty good.
It also didn't come off when I had a drink, and it also didn't come off when I kissed Matt on the cheek hahaha! Apart from the fact it is a bit fiddly, I would say that it looks better than using lip liner with lipstick separately because with this product it blends in better. So overall, I would recommend this product. 

2) Balance Me Instant Lift Primer
Now this is a god send. I love this. It was my favourite product in this months Birchbox. It did such a good job and it made my foundation look really good. I was surprised at this because I recently changed foundation to Maybelline's Super Stay 24 hour one which I didn't really think was that good, but with this primer it made it look really smooth and it stayed on all day. It even stayed on when I got a bit flustered because I was around a lot of people, and in that sort of situation I tend to get a shiny face! So as much as I looked shiny a bit on the sweaty gross side, my foundation stayed put! Was very impressed. 
The product also has a really lovely refreshing smell, like, I can't really describe it! It kind of smells like the products they use when you go for a facial at a beauty salon/spa. 
So yes, would 100% recommend.

3) Korres Santorini Vine Shower Gel
This is another product I'm not 100% sure on. Now, it lathers up really well, and it does have a really refreshing smell. However, it more smells like the sort of thing you would use on your face rather than using to wash with in the shower. It might be good if you generally tend to shower when you get up before work, but if like me, you prefer to shower in the evening before bed, then it doesn't tend to have the same affect, as I personally would rather use something fruity or soft smelling like Dove. So yeah, its not a bad product, but not really one for me. 


4) Amika The Shield Style Extending Spray
I really like this product as it did really make my hair really soft and smooth, even after straightening it. I used it after I had a shower and after I had towel dried my hair. I then dried it with a hair dryer and then straightened it. It literally made it stay straight ALL day! Like I went out, for the WHOLE day, and when I got home it was still straight! This doesn't tend to happen to my hair very often as it is really thick and naturally really curly so yeah fair to say I was very surprised. It also made my hair feel really soft and it actually smells quite nice too. The only annoying thing about it is that it comes in such a small bottle. I would definitely use it again! 


5) Marcelle Gentle Make Up Remover
This product is a bit in the middle for me. The first time I used it was when I had a full face of makeup on, including mascara, quite thick eyeliner, eye shadow, and of course my eyebrows. Now, it took it all off, but it's not like the describe where it takes it off in one quick swipe, which to be honest, I don't believe any of them do, but hey, it's not as it's advertised. It did eventually get it off, but I did have to use a wet wipe to get off some of the excess. To be fair it could have been because I was wearing quite a lot. A good thing about this makeup remover is that it didn't sting my eyes like some of them do, it was quite gentle, so in some respects that makes up for the fact that I had to use a face wipe after (which I usually do anyway). So yessss, I would probably, maybe use this product again, but I don't think I would use the RRP which is £14.50, I would most likely only buy it if it was on offer.



Riiiiiiiiiiiight, that brings me to the end of this blog!
Again, i'm very sorry it has been such a long time!
But I intend to do a review of the April Birchbox straight after, and then potentially another blog post about how my year is going so far. 

I hope everyone that reads this enjoys it, and if you have any ideas for something to review then please comment or message me on one of my social media accounts!


Thanks for reading,

Gemma x

💝

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review of the new Showcase Cinema De Lux in Southampton

My first Birchbox!

Jamberry nail wrap review