Secrets!

Hi!

So this is slightly different to my usual style of blogs. It's about secret keeping (hence the title... !)



Have you ever had a big secret? One that you couldn't tell anyone? Or maybe one that you could tell a few people but not all people? One that could affect a lot of things in your life if it ever come out? I'm not talking small affects either, I'm talking about career altering, friendship changing, and total life changing affects?


How did you cope with keeping it a secret? 
Did it affect your life on a daily basis? 
How often did you think about it? 
Did you ever consider just saying f*#k any and all the potential consequences and just coming out with it?
Does it mentally affect you having to keep a secret?


Do you ever wonder how many people are also keeping secrets from us that we have absolutely no idea about?

Maybe you have a secret that only a select few people know about. Would the people that know consider it a major secret, or just something trivial?

When it comes to secrets, the big question is how do you know who to trust? I guess the answer is you never really know who to trust. Every person that knows could easily put that secret out there for the world to see and there is nothing you could do about it.

I guess people keep secrets for all kinds of reasons and about all sorts of things.. for example - someone might keep their sexuality a secret because they're embarrassed, some might keep a relationship a secret because it's with someone it "shouldn't" be such as a co-worker, or someone a lot older or younger, people might keep a secret about a certain sexual fetish they're into because again they are embarrassed. I think those sorts of things are all fairly common secrets to keep, and I'm sure the list is just infinite. 



How can a secret affect someone mentally? If the secret is a big one, then that can have a major toll on someones mental health. It can cause anxiety, stress, and it can even be a cause of depression in depending on the nature of the secret. I won't give examples as I don't want to trigger anyone, but if someone had to live through a traumatic event, and afterwards couldn't talk about it, that would in a way feel like a secret. You can hardly imagine how that would mess with someones head. Keeping any secret, even small ones, can be a source of anxiety. Even more so if you consider yourself bad at keeping secrets. 


I've had to keep my fair share of secrets, most of the big ones were regarding other people. It does feel good when someone trusts you with one of their secrets. I also just want to add here, that if someone trusts you with a secret and you go and tell people and therefore betraying that persons trust, you need to have a long hard think about that. 

I've had a few of my own secrets too. Some of them I still keep to this day. I don't think I have many that nobody knows, but I certainly have some that only a few people know. 

There isn't much point to this blog post, apart from getting stuff off my chest but in a roundabout way.

Anyway, I hope you liked it or found it relatable. If you do find yourself having to keep hold of a secret and it is affecting you mentally, please drop me a message or email me, and I promise you I will listen and talk to you, and I will absolutely keep it to myself.

On a separate note.. if you were to take a shot every time I say the word secret in this blog, it would be one hell of a drinking game!

Ironically though, this blog isn't a secret... 

Bye! 




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review of the new Showcase Cinema De Lux in Southampton

My first Birchbox!

Jamberry nail wrap review