Review of the new Showcase Cinema De Lux in Southampton

Heyyyy again 👋

So its kinda crazy, I haven't blogged in like 3-4 weeks and now you're getting 2 consecutive ones!!! 😋

So yeah, as you can tell by the title of the blog, I am going to review the NEW Showcase Cinema De Lux in the NEW Southampton West Quay Watermark.


So yeah; for those that are wondering, the film I went to watch is Fifty Shades Darker, and don't worry, there are no spoilers in the blog!

So anyway, we booked the tickets online which was really straight forward, and it gave us a code to print them off with, which again, was really quick and easy. You can also choose to print them off yourself if you want to.

When we got there we found it was a bit hard to find the way as its right of the back of the building that you have to go into.

When we managed to find it we went to get our popcorn and drinks which as per any normal cinema, was slightly over priced. 
We got a small mixed sweet and salted popcorn which was about £4. I wouldn't say you got £4 worth, but between 2 of us we didn't manage to eat it all.
We also got a large drink which was about £3 which I thought was worth it because it was very large and lasted 2 of us throughout the film.
A good thing about it though is that you get to pour your own drink and they have LOADS OF CHOICES. Like SO many. It legit took Matt and me about 5 minutes to choose as we were arguing about what to get. 😀😛

Anyway, when we got into the actual cinema.. OMG.
IT WAS LOVELY.
The seats were sooooooo comfortable, and yes its true, THEY RECLINE.
You can set the seat height, how far back OR how far forward to want to sit, and you can decide how high you want the leg rest.
Its all controlled by nifty little buttons on the side of your seat.

Another good thing about it is that even if you have the leg rest as high as it will go, people can STILL walk past you as there is so much room.
You even have lots of room on the chair, and even the arm rests are like twice the size of normal cinema arm rests, so no more squabbling about who gets which one!!! 😂

Alsoooooo, the screen was huge. We pretty much sat right at the back and I would say it was perfect because you were at the screen height and could see it all without having to tip your head back.

The film quality was also really good.
The only down side is that it is a bit on the pricey side.. the tickets were £10.95 each.
I'm not too sure how this compares to normal cinema prices as with Odeon and Vue and Cineworld I get corporate discount so only pay like £6 for a ticket.

I suppose you are paying for the luxury seats, but for me if I had to pay full price each time, it would be a once in a while treat.
That being said, I luckily bought my car insurance through compare the market, so on Tuesdays and Wednesdays I get 2 for 1 tickets!!! 
Downside of that is online they won't accept the code as there is no where to put it, you have to actually go to the cashier which means you can't save time by booking in advance.

So
All in all
I would definitely recommend this cinema and I will definitely be going back as it is just so comfy, and when you're watching a good film, comfort is a really important thing to have.

__________________________________________________________

 That is pretty much the end of this blog post as I think I've pretty much covered everything I can about the new cinema!
Apologies as it is quite a wordy one but i'm hoping the select few pictures and colours help break it up a bit!

Remember, if you have anything you want me to try out or review, comment on here or message me on one of my social medias.

Thank you for taking the time to read this and I hope you enjoyed it!


Gemma x



💙

Comments

  1. £10.95 for the posh seats sound good!! Dave & I have Cineworld Unlimited so we go to Whiteley a lot

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah it's not too bad for every now and then, would get quite expensive if you go a lot though! Ah fair enough, I get corporate discount at Odeon, Vue, and Cineworld 😊

      Delete
  2. Last couple of times I've been to the cinema it's been about £8-£9 so £10 something isn't much more.

    I'll have to visit the new place soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah right that's good! I don't very often have to pay full price but if it's only that small difference then it's not so bad.
    Yeah I'd recommend giving it a visit! There's lots of restaurants in the new Watermark too so a meal and cinema night would be a good thing to do.

    Thank you for taking the time to read my blog! ☺️

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

My first Birchbox!

Jamberry nail wrap review