My Second Birchbox!

Hellooooo 😁
So yeah I haven't posted in a long time as I have been very busy with various things so apologies about that!
Since my last post I have received my 2nd Birchbox so I am going to review the products I received!


In February's box I received 5 items;

1) POP Beauty Eyeshadow Trio in Champagne Mocha
2) Spectrum Collections Mableous C06 Tulip Eye Contour Brush
3) Beaver Professional Hydro Nutritive Reparing Conditioner
4) Vasanti Enzymatic Face Rejuvenator
5) KEEOME Hydration Mask

So the first item on my list to review is the POP beauty eyeshadow;
This gets a huge thumbs down from me. I really didn't like this at all. It didn't blend very well and it rubbed off very quickly. I had to literally layer it on for you to even see that I had any eye shadow on at all, and then yeah as I say, it was impossible to blend without rubbing your eyes raw. 
I even tried a couple of different brushes to see if it made a difference, but it didn't
I didn't manage to get a picture of the look I created because it was just terrible, and I took it off quickly and used my normal Make Up Revolution pallette.
I was quite disheartened that this mini eye shadow wasn't very good, as it looks extremely cute and would be perfect to carry in your handbag for touch ups, but sadly it will just stay at the bottom of my makeup bag for extreme emergencies. 


The second item I will review is the Spectrum Collections Eye Shadow Brush
Now I didn't think it was fair to review this brush by using it with the POP eye shadow because they weren't very good, so I tried this brush with my usual eye shadow and it was really good! It made the eye shadow go on very easily and it didn't leave too much residue so there wasn't loads of excess eye shadow dust all over my face.
I used it to create a smokey eye look and yeah, it went on sooo nicely.
The hairs on the brush are also really soft so it doesn't hurt or irritate the eye when you're blending, and it also helped the eye shadow blend really easily.
There is not really much else I can say about this eye shadow brush apart from I will definitely be using it when I next do my makeup. 
Sadly, again, I didn't get a picture of the look I created as I forgot 😢

Next up is item number 3- Beaver Professional Hydro Nutritive Repairing Conditioner
This is a really nice product and made my hair really soft. 
I used it with the shampoo I got in my first Birchbox and my hair literally felt so soft and so shiny.
My hair usually feels dry because I've bleached it so many times but this made it feel so smooth and it actually looks like it has fixed some of my split ends. 
This was even before AND AFTER straightening it!!
Aaaaaand, I also dyed my hair a couple of days after using it and even straight after dying my hair still felt really smooth.
On top of fixing my split ends, making my hair really smooth and soft and shiny, it also smells LUSH. Like it smells so good, and made my hair smell amazing even after being dried and straightened.

Product number 4 is Vasanti Enzymatic Face Rejucenator
I'm still a bit undecided with this product! It is an exfoliating cleanser, and whilst it made my skin feel quite clean and fairly soft, I don't think the exfoliator part of it was that great as the bits in it weren't very big so it wasn't as effective as I hoped it would be and I still had some dry skin on my forehead after I used it. Normally the only way I can prevent that happening is with an exfoliating mitt but I thought I would give this product a try, and yeah sadly it didn't work. 
In fairness, on the whole my face did generally feel smoother, but I like something where you can actually feel the grit working and cleaning your face. 
If you are after something that is a bit more gentle on your skin then this is definitely something for you.
It also smells nice  - it has that refreshing kinda face product that makes you feel all nice and clean.


The final product I am going to review is the KEEOME Hydration Mask
Now, it is recommended to use to use a face mask after you use an exfoliator as it helps to calm the skin down and makes it feel cooler after the abrasiveness of the grit, so that's what I did.
I used this pretty much straight after the exfoliator and when I took it off my face did feel really nice and refreshed.
I left it on for about 10 minutes (would have been longer but I was tired and had a long day so I wanted to have a shower and go to bed!) and yeah even though it was on for a short space of time it did make my face feel smoother and and redness I naturally have on my face had gone down a bit.
With some face masks it is quite hard to get them off as they go a bit clay like but this one was quite easy. To be fair, I did do it in the shower with a flannel but I didn't have to rub it loads, it simply came off with just a couple of swipes. 
I'm not normally a face mask person, mostly because face masks are associated with sitting down calmly with cucumber over your eyes.. well this is not me at all, hahaha, I literally cannot sit still for more than a few moments (ask my boyfriend) but it has made me think about doing it more often but I think if I was to do it more, judging by how this one made my face feel, it could have a really good impact on my skin and complexion. 

Soooo, that brings me to the end of this particular post!
I know it has been a while since I have blogged, but I have a couple more things in mind to blog about, including a post about my recent trip to the new Showcase De Lux Cinema in West Quay Watermark, Southampton!

I will try not to leave it so long in between blog next time.


Thank youuuuuuuuuuu for reading,

Gemma x


💟

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review of the new Showcase Cinema De Lux in Southampton

My first Birchbox!

Lockdown!