GLOSSYBOX!!

Heyyyyy everyone

So this is a bit of an exciting one!!

As you all know by now I had a subscription to Birchbox.

Well

That is now cancelled.

Now I subscribe to Glossybox!!
I received my first one in the post a couple of weeks ago, but only now have I just gotten around to trying out ALL the products.
I have to say.
I already LOVE IT.
I've only had one (due the next one in a few days) and already the products are so much better for me.



So onto the products I got in my first Glossybox.
1) Sport FX Double Time Brush
2) Model Co Contour Stick
3) Deliwash Haircare Cleansing Conditioner
4) Merci Handy Cherry Hand Gel
5) Rodial Glamolash XXL Mascara

The first one I am going to review is in my opinion the best thing I got out of this Glossybox.. the Sport FX Double Time Brush.
This is the BEST foundation brush I have ever used!! Its SO soft and it blends so well! Have you ever like rubbed your cheek against a cat? A strange comparison but that is exactly what it feels like! It blends to perfection and doesn't leave any awful streaks. All of this is just the foundation end! 
The other end is a powder brush, and again, it is extremely soft and is like rubbing your cheek against a cat 😂
I would even go as far to say the brush is a little tooooo soft. I normally like a rougher brush as I find it picks up more powder, but if you just want to give your face a light dusting of powder then this is PERFECT.

Next on the list is the Model Co Contour Stick
Sadly I didn't like this one much. I was quite disappointed as I was wanting to try a crayon style contour stick for a while but hadn't got around to getting one, so I was quite excited when I got one in my Glossybox. However... I really didn't think it was all that good. In fairness I could have been using it wrong.. but basically I put a few lines on my face and tried to blend it in.. it wouldn't blend!! I could either still see where I had drawn the lines or I would blend it so much you couldn't see it!
I do plan to give it a couple more tries just in case it was me applying it wrong, but so far, its a no from me.

Third item to review is the Deliwash Haircare Cleansing Conditioner
So, admittedly I was a bit skeptical when I first received this in my Glossybox, as its a co wash, so basically its a 2-in-1 shampoo and conditioner, which I HATE with passion as they are so rubbish for your hair. Nonetheless, I decided to give it a try. To be honest, I wasn't completely blown away by the results. I will admit that my hair didn't feel particularly dry like it would with a normal 2-in-1, but it didn't feel particularly soft either. Just basically as if I'd used a bog standard average priced shampoo and conditioner. 
Despite it not being overly good in terms of making my hair soft, it definitely did save time in the shower, so its more the sort of thing you would use if you're running late and in dire need for a shower and (unlike me) you hate dry shampoo.
The smell of this is quite strong when you're applying it, but after its washed off and your hair is dry, it leave a faint, actually quite pleasant smell.
Overall, not a terrible product, but not one that I would just go out and buy.

My next review is on the Merci Handy Cherry Hand Gel
I don't really have a lot to say about this product in all honesty. I don't really have anyway to measure its effectiveness as an anti bacterial gel because I'm not a scientist (far from it) and I do not have access to a science lab. The only thing I can really say about it is that it smells lovely! Very nice and strong, perfect for if you somehow get an unpleasant smell on your hands, for example if you touch coins and you get that awful money smell on your hands! This definitely gets rid of it. 
Oh and another good thing.. it's pink.
That's about it really. It smells good and its pink. What more would you want in an antibacterial hand gel????? 😜

So, my fifth and final product to review on this blog. Congrats on getting through this far!!
This is the Rodial Glamolash XXL Mascara.
I must say, this one I like. It's perfect. It's a compact size so it fits perfectly in your bag. It has a really good brush which is actual bristles so it coats and lifts your lashes much better than the plastic brushes. It also makes your lashes look naturally nice and long without making them look like spiders legs!! (Not a good look) 
I'm normally quite picky about mascaras but I am definitely a fan of this one.
Another good thing about it is that you can build it up to make your lashes look thicker if that's the look you're going for.
It also didn't smudge or give me panda eyes throughout the day which is a big bonus, as some mascaras can do this!
Now, the mascara doesn't say that its waterproof and I haven't put it to the test, but when I come to take it off it didn't require a tonne of effort to remove. (I normally use makeup remover lotion and a Johnsons face wipe) It came off fairly easily. It did take a few wipes with the face wipe, it wasn't like those adverts where apparently ONE face wipe stroke takes off an eyeful of mascara (which I think is a complete lie anyway) but it wasn't mega difficult.
All in all, I would recommend this product.


Sooooooooooooooooooooo
That brings me to the end of my blog!!
I do plan on doing some more blogs soon, as I recently won some dermalogica skin care products that I have used and plan on reviewing at some point (I'm quite a busy person!) and also my next Glossybox is due to arrive in the next few days so keep an eye out for that review too!
I was also thinking about doing a blog about how my life has been so far this year, and about a few of the things I've been up to and that I have upcoming.
Would people like to read that? Or would that be boring???
Please let me know on one of my social medias!

(Facebook; Gemma Mathieson
Twitter; gemmamathieson
Instagram; gemmaaaa8
Snapchat; struckbygems8)

Feel free to add/follow me on any of the above!

Thanks for reading

Gemma x

💜

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review of the new Showcase Cinema De Lux in Southampton

My first Birchbox!

Jamberry nail wrap review