We got a sports massage!

Heyyyyy 👅

So this post is a bit different to my previous blog posts as I thought I would change it up a bit by posting about the sports massage me and my boyfriend got yesterday! 👍

So... as some may know, I'm a level 3 qualified beauty and massage therapist, and for my training I went to Totton College. I have my tutor on Facebook and every now and then she posts asking if people can come in for discounted treatments as people have cancelled last minute.
Not really knowing much about sports massage as I had never had one, I volunteered myself and Matt to be a client.
WOOOOOW
Wow
Woooooow.
Didn't I regret that!
It turns out a sports massage is a veeeeery deep tissue and muscle massage.
It hurt.
A lot.
In fairness, the guy that did the massage was really lovely, friendly, and professional. He was also very chatty and made us feel really at ease. He kept asking if the pressure was alright, to which I always said it was despite trying as hard as I could not to squirm and move away.
But anyway, yes, it hurt a lot.
The massage was only on my back as I sometimes get some pain in my back (probably because I don't sit properly on my chair at work and I am always slouching) and I have to say, despite it hurting, it was very thorough. 
I am definitely feeling it today. 
My back feels like I have been repetitively punched! 👊
I was doing some research on it, and apparently it is completely normal for it to hurt this much the next day, and according to what I've read, tomorrow my back should feel amazing! 
This is because it takes a while for the built up toxins and tension to be released and gotten rid off, and when that is done, my back should feel looser and just generally much better.
I really hope this is the case.......!


So yeah, I have published this today on 27/01/2017 and will update it tomorrow with how my back feels.

So yeah, an update on the 30/01/2017 - Okay, so I know I said I was going to update it on the 28th, but I didnt because my shoulders WERE STILL SORE. To be completely honest, I still do not feel completely healed, and both my shoulders and back are still slightly tender. 
So yeah, I don't think I'll be getting a sports massage again any time soon!!


On a slightly different note, if you are feeling stressed, I would definitely recommend getting a Swedish full body massage as they are oh-so-good and literally make you feel incredible and very relaxed, even more so if done in a relaxing environment!

Aaaaanyhoos, I am going to finish this post now, although one more thing I will add, is that my new makeup products that I mentioned in my previous post arrived today so I will be doing a review of those when I have got around to using them! 

Again, thank you for reading.


Gemma x



💩


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review of the new Showcase Cinema De Lux in Southampton

My first Birchbox!

Lockdown!